Tuesday, August 15

Happy Independence Day

Let it be a happy independence day for India. Let it be so for Pakistan, Srilanka and Indonasea. Let this wish reach the real people who move the nation.

I was just wondering about what exactly makes an independence day wish. What is independence. Is there a real independence. Anyone really worry to be so so independent at the end of day? Freedom from British rule day it was? Anyway, for the sake of it, let us call it independence.

When India became independent, it became dependent on Russians and French. When Russia failed to support India later on, we competed with Pakistan to be laid down by the US. Now we have US directing India who should be what minister and what shoudl he be doing. On what the energy policy should be.

Whatever we define independence, let us make sure we share the same hope for the life around us too. I would like to take you to what Cherian wrote on the 2005 US 4th of July on India independence thought days. Read it here.

And to the following seven point oath by the Hon President of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam on his address to the nation on the eve of independence day

1. I realize, I have to set a goal in my life. To achieve the goal, I will acquire the knowledge, I will work hard, and when the problem occurs, I have to defeat the problem and succeed.

2. As a youth of my nation, I will work and work with courage to achieve success in all my tasks and enjoy the success of others.

3. I shall always keep myself, my home, my surroundings, neighbourhood and environment clean and tidy.

4. I realize righteousness in the heart leads to beauty in the character, beauty in the character brings harmony in the home, harmony in the home leads to order in the nation and order in the nation leads to peace in the world.

5. I will lead an honest life free from all corruption and will set an example for others to adopt a righteous way of life.

6. I will light the lamp of knowledge in the nation and ensure that it remains lit for ever.

7. I realize, whatever work I do if I do the best, I am contributing towards realizing the vision of developed India 2020.


Once again happy independence day wishes to my country men and to all my friends from Pakistan, Srilanka and Indonasea.

4 comments:

Pradeep Nair said...

Thanks for dropping by and comments. There was a sense of purpose during the pre-Indepndence Day days. AFter we become a sovereign there's a vacuum, there doesn't seem to be any purpose.

Muhammad Riyaz said...

@niki: May be I made a mistake about Srilanka. Yes, friends in Japan included in the wish! As Japan does not have an independance day!!!

I just learnt SKorea has it on Aug 15. Coinciding with the day Japan surrendered. Anyway I have no SKorea friends.

Deepu George V said...

Thanks for visitng and for the comments.
Very great to see that the feeling of Independence grow across the border.
I imagine a future where independence start right from the heart of each and every human being from evils, hatred and such things

Sreejith Panickar said...

Came here from Ajith's blog. This made for interesting reading. Independece is not still obtained in more matters than one; at the same time we are more free than people in many parts of the world. Belated, but happy Independence day to you too.