Monday, July 10

A celebrity pic (that I missed)



Well, can I say this is a celebrity picture? Or, say, it could have been?

We were walking back from the park with the kids, and close to our apartment, we saw the roads are empty. There were three policemen standing at the crossing and no one was crossing the road, ignoring the green pedestian cross signal. Everyone was working on their multi-megapixel mobile phones. Not fully realising whats going on, I too pressed the camera button on my phone.

Then the motorcade appeared. A police car in the front, then the black royal car with two police motorcycles on the sides and a few on the rear, another couple of cars. Good view. I have never seen this in Japan. I aimed my camera and took the picture in 3M Pixels. Good. I thought.

Then the cars turned right and took the small road in front of us. The rear window of the black car was open and an old lady was waiving her hands. Everyone clicks their phones. Then my wife screamed "thats the Empress". I ended up taking just the picture of the motorcade!!

"Who's that, umma?" asked Irene
"Thats the empress of Japan"
"Who's an empress"
"Empress is the emperor's wife"
"oh.. so they are the rulers of whole Japan"
"Well, not exactly.. and almost never exactly...."

2 comments:

Payyans said...

Riyaz San, you should have waited a little more...A shot of the empress should have been impressive !

Anoop G said...

sometimes missing out gives more to think about..!