Tuesday, July 3

引越しますよ!

When I walked out of the 10E door today, everything seemed to be so normal. Actually it was not. I knew that I was not in a position to step in back through the same door.

People were still bent over their desks as 6PM is still too early for Japan employees. But I was not telling them お先に as I walked out.

I do not have that "open sesame" card attached to my ID card that would open that door. After possessing that card for 2.5 years I am leaving this location. Today is my last working day in Japan. Long planning followed by months long uncertainties finally look like giving way to executions. Thank God. These days have been of great learning. Learning patience and the true meaning of trust in God. Also could cover a good number of books too. Muhammad - The Prophet of our times by Karen Armstrong; The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo; The Last Mughal by William Dalrymple - Good reads all of them. Now I am on a book by the Grameen fame Muhammad Yunus. Though I dont know with the move I will be able to keep up with the reading.

Tomorrow, God Willing, we will be flying to Dallas. My new location. Where I need to start everything from start. When the crowd was moving west, I remained. Now, God willing its my time. Its a whole new learning. Starting from the American accent and the American terminology to the American way. Not the American thinking:)

Ian says he is happy because everyday will be a free-dress-day in school there. Irene is looking forward to the land that her friends have been talking about. For us, it is a new place, need to get a home to stay and car to move...

Prayers pls..

Pradeep, yes, need to be steadfast to look for all doors to find which is meant for you. You never know when that one will open for you. Niki-chan, I promise Japanese goddess that I will visit her again.. hopefully she will let me go!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best on the move, Riyaz!!

Anonymous said...

Salaam Riyaz ka,

Good luck for your new endeavour. Praying for safe journey and good future there.

Anonymous said...

Wish you a happy and a safe journey.

Anonymous said...

All the best !!!

Unknown said...

Wish you all the best in all your future endeavours. With prayers...

Pradeep Nair said...

Wish you all the very best, Riyaz.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

aww ive juz realised that my name in the bottom...
doomo arigatoo gozaimashita!!
hontoo ni Otsukaresama deshita ne :)
japanese goddess, is that me? lol
jk. im sure she will invite u again and we will have blogger meet up!