Monday, October 23

Happenings

Just looking back and forth and sideways sitting in front of the 12" window to the virtual world...

30 days of Ramdhan coming to an end today. Alhamdulillah. Tomorrow is the Eid. Nice dresses, nice food, nice smiles and nice talks. Supposed to be nice hearts, nice body and nice morals. Dry fruits get ignored for another year.

3Q financial results of various companies coming up. No big surprises. How many more people I fooled. What is the margin which I fooled an average person. These two decides the stock prices and the future number of fools.

India gulping in 5M mobile handsets a month for new subscribers alone. Fashion and trend added with newly found money forces a huge lot of existing ones to change their phones. Corporate India upbeat with Tata Steel takeover of Corus Steel. For an India where infrastructure is yet to be built up, steel is a key industry, at least next to energy.

Found a new way how Irene could get rid of signing her posts with me:) and have her identity there. Fool I was. Blogger from beginning had the contributor option. So I still own her blog, but she signs in as her Mom (whose id I stole for her blogger profile) and her posts from now on will be signed as Irene. I now need to find out a way how the old posts signature can be changed too.

Most of the blogs I read are in sleep mode. Ramdhan, Diwali whatever reason. Pradeep is an exception. Well, Time and Tide cannot stop. And himself being a journalist, he cannot but keep on creating stories and write about them. And he covers good topics with not much of creative content in it. I don't like journalists becoming creative. Though that's the trend and the "journalism industry" demands. Who wants the dots? People want fully blown pictures.

I remember how my classmate Biju used to get good transistor curves in the lab. Instead of measuring, marking and plotting, he did exactly the reverse. Beautiful plots. Journalism goes the same way now. They call it investigative journalism. Pradeep, expect your comments!

Thus goes another Monday morning.

1 comment:

Muhammad Riyaz said...

Thankyou and a much more blessed Eid Mubarak to you too!