Monday, October 30

Capture longer moments

Weekend was nice. For the family it was two dine outs - saturday night Japanese and sunday night Lebanese. Gonpachi sushi was costly indeed, but its okay once in a while. After all good sushi means good money anyway. And the Lebanese food was a great experience. Especially the Baklaawa - Lebanese sweets.

What made the weekend special was also the family walk around Nishi Shinjuku area. The tall rise buildings, the i-Land tower, the sculptures on the sidewalk. Finally I could take the picture of the little sky in between the three giant buildings. Yet to upload them. I dont know if they look beautiful. But almost everyday I find someone taking these snaps. Yesterday also there were another couple on the job. That too, not a old Japanese man learning to do high end photography. This was an Indian couple. There must be something beautiful about this. Wait till tomorrow when I would update the picture.

And again what made the weekend special was the purchase I did before the walk. I finally decided to buy the video camera. After browsing and reading about a lot of low end camcorders, I finally ended up on a not-so-low-end Sony HDR-SR1. High Definition camcorder with 30GB hardware. The new Sony-Panasonic AVCHD (some derivative of H.264) format. With 10x optical zoom, flash for still pictures, possibility of simultaneous still and video, 3.5 inch LCD, IR for night capture.. this looks fairly good for me.

Pictures I took yesterday, but are still on my Minolta. Except for the lack of anti-vibration control and for the low performance on low battery, thats still a good camera.

No comments: