Friday, June 16

Hamamatsu again

Planning a Hamamatsu trip again. With Umma and Uppa. Thanks Anoop for the suggestion.

For Umma and Uppa this will be a first. First time ride on a bullet train. First time visit to a Japanese house. First time in a real inaka. The beauty, the charm, the tranquility of nature and people.

For me its a recollection. Of my second day in Japan. When we boarded (were herded) onto the Bullet train to Hamamatsu. With no hint of what is Japan. The days at the hotel in Hamamatsu, when we only knew how to buy bendo at Daily Store, queueu up to pay and ignore whatever she used to say when we leave the store.

It will be a recollection of the days we lived in Kamijima, the silent weekend evenings that I used to spent along the tenryu river side watching people enjoy fishing. The short visits to the jinja and the second hand book store, where I could buy the Story of a Nation - incredible, must read, history of Japan.

Of those days when Mina, Misa and family gave us the best comforts in Japan. Which made us Japan lovers. Japanese foods, Japanese festivals, Hamanko lake park... My Blog would come to a full circle when I sneak through the pale curtains that years have added into my memories. When I peak through the real life that has been framed in this blog as the earliest entry. Copy paste entry from my earlier geocities web page, when the concept called blog did not exist. I remember what I wanted that time was exactly a blog. I wanted people to comment and get these into a discussion.

We have been there once again - with family. When Irene got the new Japanese name - Ai-chan. Credits Ayu. And my God, I cannot remember, how I mis-trusted Credit cards and ATM cards during December vacations in Japan!

Tomorrow, God Willing, we will have a short replay.

1 comment:

Anoop G said...

Tell my regards!

take photos.